A paddle that reduces ocean plastics
Gifts that give are the best gifts of all. Every year during the holidays we create a limited edition paddle to help support great causes and organizations. This year we are working with the amazing team at Plastic Oceans Canada. 10% of each paddle sold will directly support Plastic Oceans Canada initiatives. Help us reach our goal by purchasing 1 of 50 limited edition collaborative paddles.
The paddle design symbolically represents the plastics issue in our oceans and with this hopefully serves as a reminder of just how critical it is for us to all implement greater change.
Did you know that:
- By 2050 there will be more plastic waste than fish in the ocean.
- Over 90% of the trash floating in our oceans is made of plastic, around 46,000 pieces per square mile.
- 10% of the plastic we use yearly end up in the ocean.
- More than 5 trillion pieces of plastic are already floating in our oceans.
- Some 700 species of marine animals have been reported so far to have eaten or become entangled in plastic.
Plastic Ocean Canada's mission is to inform, inspire and incite action to solve plastic pollution through its four pillars; activism, advocacy, education and science. Plastic Oceans Canada creates change by supporting and implementing programs to clean our coastlines, advocate for Canadian businesses to take impactful steps towards eliminating their plastic footprint, educating the public on plastic pollution to achieve behaviour change, and creating community involvement with its BlueCommunities initiative.